- (a) Are the legal or appointed representative of an organization that benefits from the presence of marine mammals and conducts operations anywhere southeast of a line between Cape Sutil and Cape Caution and northwest of a line between Salmon Point and Atrevida Reef.
- (b) Holds the necessary legal approvals to perform their operations.
- (c) Can provide evidence that organization personnel are knowledgeable about the NIMMSA area of operation, the wildlife within it and the Vancouver Island North Whale Heritage Site.
- (d) Are committed to donating at least $1.00 from each paying client per day while operating guided tours to view marine mammals within the NIMMSA area of operation to the NIMMSA Conservation Fund by November 30th each year.
- (e) Agrees to follow NIMMSA bylaws and code of conduct.
First Tier: A company that operates and advertises daily tours that the main purpose and selling feature of is the viewing of marine mammals. $150 + $5 a seat, up to 3 votes
Second Tier: A company that operates and advertises tours, overnight or otherwise, that the viewing of marine mammals is a selling feature of but not the sole purpose of. $100 + $5 a seat, up to 2 votes
Third Tier: A company that operates and advertises tours that the viewing of marine mammals is not a selling feature of but may occur during the course of operation. $50 + $5 a seat, up to 1 vote
Fourth Tier: A company that meets NIMMSA membership criteria but does not operate tours. $100, no votes
Fifth Tier: A non-profit or charitable organization that meets NIMMSA membership criteria. Free, no votes
NIMMSA Membership Application